Our Customer's Projects
Classic Boat Supplies loves to hear about projects that our customers are undertaking.
Email us updates of your project and we will gladly post them on our web site to inspire others in the boat building community.
Houn Pine Sailing Dinghy, Tasmania Australia
Hello, this is a photo of the finished product I sent you photos of earlier in the month. Thanks for your help.
Rudder fittings are great, as is to be expected from Davey. I think you would agree they look great. The dinghy will be for sale at Wilderness Woodworks Strahan, in Tassy in the new year. It is all huon pine and is 9 foot 4 inches long. The design has been used by myself and my Father for over 20 years and we have built over 20 dinghies to this design.
Foster 10 Dinghy, Victoria Australia
Last Sunday was the launch day for my Foster 10 dinghy and, as promised, attached are a couple of photos.
I must say all the fittings I purchased from you more than met my expectations. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
1950s Fishing Boat, NSW
For eight solid weeks two ladies have worked hard to restore what they believe to be a Lake Macquarie fishing vessel dating from 1950.
The project was purchased on eBay for $600 on December 31st 2012. In summary, the restoration has in involved:
- Redesigning and enlarging the cabin and adding perspex windows to create protection from the elements
- Stripping back and repainting inside and out
- Installing new seats
- Reconditioning the Yanmar 20hp diesel (at a cost of $7,000)
The total restoration cost, including the initial purchase price, was $10,000. Classic Boat Supplies was pleased to supply Kay with silicon bronze screws for the restoration.
If anyone can provide further information about the history of this boat please contact Classic Boat Supplies.
Hartley Praam Dinghy, Sydney
Congratulations to one of our Sydney customers who has completed his great looking Hartley Praam dinghy "Babypea".
The praam uses 5mm marine ply over oregon frames with teak highlights around the gunwales and along the keel. The glue for Babypea's frames was mixed from WEST SYSTEM 105 Resin, WEST SYSTEM 206 Slow Hardener and WEST SYSTEM 403 Microfibre Blend.
The dinghy was built over 4 months while the builder was "between jobs".